Monday, December 22, 2008

Diapers, Diapers, Diapers


I have a to-do list for Christmas break. I am taking the full two weeks off and plan to have the boys with me most of the time. MJ is nearing 3 and I thought this would be a good time to address potty training. For a bit now MJ has been informing us that he needs to go or that he needs to be changed. His vocabulary is understandable and he seems to be aware of his own body. After 4 pairs of underwear this morning, I am unable to get him to sit on the potty. I've bribed with McDonald's, M&M's and suckers and still no interest. He's assuring me he is a big boy and enjoys wearing underwear, he just has no problem going potty in them. Parents who have been there, done that, any advice? Oh, I have figured by a rough estimate that so far in his short life, we have probably gone through close to 6,000 diapers. Is it even worth it to attempt such a feat with a new baby right around the corner?

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, lord. It's just one thing after another isn't it? Good Luck! I have no advice to give you.

Ginger said...

My cousin's little girl - Danni - was so stubborn t hat when Tracy told her she couldn't watch Sponge Bob until she used the potty like a big girl, Danni would leave the living room even when Sponge Bob COMMERCIALS CAME ON!!! Two months later, nature or Sponge Bob withdrawal kicked in.