Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Sister, New Bedroom







As ashamed as I am to admit it, MJ has been sleeping in our bed for the last couple of months. It started out innocently enough. He would get upset in the night and me, being as pregnant as I was, craved sleep more than bed space. It has manifested into him not only waking up with us but starting the night with us as well. Knowing that I will have another child sharing our room in T-minus-2 weeks at most, I have decided that the best solution is to get MJ out of his toddler bed and in to a twin bed. My thought process is as follows: if he gets upset in the night, I send my dear husband in to comfort. If he happens to fall asleep in bed with MJ, I get our queen to myself! I rearranged the boys' room to accommodate the new bigger, bed that is coming hopefully this week. I wanted the boys to be able to see each other for comfort and leave some room for play as well. I think it turned out pretty well. I'm anxious to see how it looks with the coordinating comforters once MJ's bed makes it's appearance.

No comments: