Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Balancing Act


I am having a rough night. Evenings have always been a rush for us. The boys feel like they they need to eat as soon as we get home. Then we play for a little bit, RJ's g-tube feed, sometimes a bath, RJ's shot, potty breaks, jammies and bed. I can't help but feel like Molly thinks she's been abandoned. For 12 weeks she and I were connected at the hip. I hadn't left her for more than an hour at at time and now, she wakes up at 7 am, gets put in her bouncy seat while I get RJ ready for school and on the bus and then MJ dressed and fed. I get her changed and off to daycare with MJ. I pick them up around 5 pm, have to do the above routine for the boys and she goes to bed at 7 pm. I don't feel like there is enough of me right now and it makes my heart hurt.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Wish I had some words of comfort for you. I know its been tough but the only advice I have is not to be so hard on yourself. You can only do your best and I know you do that everyday. You are a fantastic mom and know you aren't alone in your feelings. Every mom out there that goes back to work no doubt feels the same way. The boys adjusted so well and Molly will also, as will you. It just takes time. Love ya

Emily said...

Oh Robyn, I know how you feel. Although my time is not split between 3 kids so I can imagine that you feel even more fragmented. Hang in there. You're doing your best and you can't do anything more than that!

Steph said...

I know exactly how you feel! It's funny that I am reading this today...I cried off and on all day after picking up the daycare newsletter on my way out the door this morning and reading a paragraph at the bottom that asks us to send a picture of the family because our "kids miss us through out the day and would like to see familiar faces on the wall". It almost put me right over the edge! You are such a good mom, I know it's hard to feel so torn!