Wednesday, April 28, 2010

C25K


Since my run on Sunday I have decided to take up running as a hobby. Yes, I am doing it a little backwards. Participate in the run and then train. I had very sore legs Monday and Tuesday of this week. I went ahead and ran again (albeit a shorter distance) Monday, took yesterday off and ran again today. I've discovered the C25K program. It's a nine week training program that gets you to running a good 5K. I have also found a new love for my Ipod. I downloaded Robert Ullrey's podcasts. They are fabulous. They are set to music and he narrates the times where you need to run/walk etc.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Way to go Rob. So glad you are enjoying this exercise program. I didn't realize how much I miss my walking until I haven't been able to do it with my pulled tendon. Can't wait for it to heal.

Ms. Mayhem said...

I am curious when you run...morning, afternoon, evening, how many days a week. busy mom looking for advice and inspiration. cm.

Robyn said...

Cindy, I never noticed that you posted. If you ever come back to this post, know that it's been working for me to either 1) wake up at 6:30 and get a 30 minute run in or 2) run after the baby goes to bed around 7:30. With the days staying light longer, it allows me the option to run up until almost 9.