Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Project




We have lived in this house for almost 6 years. We are very fortunate to have a backyard of this size in our neighborhood. Bobby prides himself on his lawn and landscaping. Throughout these past 6 years (and the 3 prior we lived in our old house) I have longed for a raised vegetable garden. I have decided that this is my year to do it. Bobby and I are a little at odds about my upcoming project. He doesn't want to give up 'his' grass to my garden. The plot of ground I plan to use already is grass-challenged as it's where we've put the kiddie pool for the last several years. Hopefully he'll get over it when he's eating my delicious produce this summer. Plus, I've already bought the supplies.....

1 comment:

Mom said...

The way he loves salads and veggies I can't believe he's not thrilled with the idea. I always enjoyed my garden and canning when I was younger. I say go for it.