Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dreams for Our Deck

Our Current Deck Bobby would like to widen it to the left edge of the house (as you're looking at it now)

Dilapidated Current Stairs

Area I would like to have a patio

Patio idea (but more rounded)

Deck Stairs Idea
Our deck needs some work.  We've lived here almost seven years and never sealed it (whoops!).  Knowing that it needs some work to keep it safe has us daydreaming of what we could really do with our outside space.  Bobby would like to simply expand the deck under the kitchen window (on the left) as your looking at it.  I, on the other hand have grander dreams.  I would like to remove the stairs going off of the side and open the entire deck up going down to the backyard.  I would then like to add a patio/sitting area under our big maple tree.  So much for fixing a couple of boards!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love the look of the deck you are wishing for! Those steps are awesome.

Rich said...

I like both ideas. For me it would depend on whether or not you'd have to rebuild the entire deck for Bobby's idea or not. I'm not sure how easy it is to match woods and seams so the new part looks like the old part, but I'm sure it's doable by good contractors. On the other hand, if you have to replace the whole deck either way you might as well do your idea of making it into a whole new design. Just my 2c :)