Monday, September 24, 2012

Laundry Intervention

Warning, the following pictures are graphic in nature.  Viewer discretion is advised.

This is what my laundry room looked like this morning.  Believe it or not, the clothes in the laundry basket are supposed to be clean.  I have no rhyme or reason to my laundry "routine".   I needed an intervention.



Enter these Target hampers ($9.99 each)


I have devised a plan.  Rather than trying to get all of my laundry done on any given day, I'm going to assign each room of laundry to a particular day. 
Example:
Mondays-Molly's Laundry and Towels
Tuesdays-RJ's and MJ's Laundry (they share a room)
Wednesday's and Saturday's-Bobby and My Laundry

In theory, it should make my laundry more manageable because it eliminates the sorting aspect.  Rather than having 5 different people (plus towels!) to wash, dry, fold, sort and put away, I am now doing the cycle with one end location. 

The reason I bought two hampers is because my kids all get dressed on the main level of our two-story home almost 100% of the time.  Now, rather than throwing their dirty clothes in a pile on the floor, the boys have their own hamper and Molly has her own as well.  Bobby and I will keep our hamper in our closet and bring it down on our laundry day. 

Wish me luck!  I'll let you know how it's going after I've tried it for a few weeks.

No comments: