Over the last 10 days, we've had two rains of 5+ inches each. Due to our experience in July of 2016, large and heavy rains put me on edge. Since the basement flooded, we have:
- Put in a sump pump with a battery backup
- Added dirt around our foundation
- Put downspout extensions on all of our downspouts
- Extended our drain tiles further out into the yard
- Added water alarms in the basement
- Installed a dehumidifier in the storage room
Since our flood, our basement has been bone dry. I'm hoping that all of our work (and money) has proven to be just what we needed.