Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Next Purchase


I am exhausted. I know that comes with the pregnancy territory but this goes beyond that. It is a culmination of things. One of them being a 2 year old who is having trouble

1) Taking Naps

2) Going to bed period.

As has been mentioned previously, MJ has found some comfort in RJ's bed. As of recently he has begun climbing on any given object to turn on the light in the middle of the night, early in the morning or at bedtime to avoid going to sleep. I don't know if this is a new found fear of the dark or a way to show his independence but either way he is not getting the sleep he needs and it's compromising his brother's sleep as well. After many tears tonight (his and mine) I started Googling options on childproofing light switches. I have made many attempts to tape his down to the best of my ability. Some how, some way, he has patiently figured out how to get all 27 pieces of tape off. I found the above product on E-Bay. It seems easy enough to install. I haven't decided if it is a Godsend or torture but I see it as a means to an end of torturous bedtime fighting. Now if I can deal with the crying maybe we'll all get a little more sleep.

No comments: