Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm Not a Dieter


I hate dieting. I don't enjoy it, but who does? I would love to lose about 20 pounds but I think I would be happy if I could lose 15 and easily maintain. With the prospect of summer and swimsuit season, I've decided to get my rear in gear. Two weeks ago I started counting my calories. So far I've lost 8 pounds! I give a lot of the credit to the Daily Plate. This site is incredible. Their free version allows you to input your height, weight, activity level and what you would like to accomplish (gaining weight *yikes!*, maintaining, or losing). It then gives you a calorie target to accomplish you goal. Enter and item in to it's search engine and it will have verified calorie counts for almost any food imaginable. I don't feel deprived at all and find myself forcing a snack before bed just to get up close to my calorie goal. With the help of this site, I have high hopes that I will be successful and rocking a tankini in a few months.

No comments: